Monday, June 8, 2015

Cat Door

I did research about various cat doors and many of them were reviewed poorly for unwanted intruders, especially raccoons. I discovered a product called SureFlap that is controlled by a cat's microchip. You can put multiple cat's chip codes into the door, and it will only open for those animals. SureFlap is a British company that doesn't have an on-line shop, but I was able to order one on Amazon.

This was my first time installing a cat door. It wasn't easy, but I was able to do it in an afternoon. You will need a Jig Saw to cut an opening for the door. The SureFlap instructions are easy to follow. The hard part was getting Pale to use the door. After several weeks of propping in open until he went outside, he finally learned to go out on his own. He still hasn't learned how to let himself back in, so he sits and waits for me to let him in.


No comments:

Post a Comment